Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
McPherson’s Troops at Shallow Ford
July 10, 1864. Dodge’s 16th A.C., after a forced march of 27 mi. from the Sandtown Rd. (near Mableton), via Marietta, reached Roswell. The troops waded the river & relieved Newton’s 4th A.C. div. in the trenches S. of it.
July 15. Logan’s 15th A.C. reached Roswell & crossed on the two bridges built by Dodge’s engineers. With the arrival of Blair’s 17th A.C., July 17, McPherson’s forces [US] ~ reassembled after a long march ~ moved toward Decatur.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-6.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 34° 0.285′ N, 84° 21.176′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Azalea Drive 0.1 miles west of Roswell Road (Georgia Route 9), on the right when Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Roswell GA 30075, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Garrard’s Cav. & Newton’s Division (a few steps from this marker); Allenbrook (approx. Ľ mile away); Founders' Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Original Mill (approx. ľ mile away); Barrington Hall (approx. 0.9 miles away); Roswell Factory (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Old Bricks (approx. 0.9 miles away); Roswell King (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roswell.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 972 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.