Chesapeake City in Cecil County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
He served the people of Chesapeake City and the surrounding countryside until 1914. Dr. Edward H. Wilsey opened his office here in 1915. Notice the close proximity to the neighbors homes and imagine which building was erected first and how? When you look at space between the houses the wood siding appears to be perfect having never been exposed to the elements. A. complete restoration was started in 2003/2004 and completed in 2009 with a new standing seam metal roof. The home is an enjoyable part of one of the busier streets in town.
Erected 2009 by Royden & Carey Maloumian. (Marker Number B224.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine. In addition, it is included in the Maryland, Chesapeake City Historic District series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
Location. 39° 31.585′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 214 Bohemia Avenue, Chesapeake City MD 21915, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sarah Beaston House (a few steps from this marker); Capt. Colmary-Salmon House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Whiteoak House (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Smithers' House c. 1848 (within shouting distance of this marker); Town Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); World War I Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); National Bank of Chesapeake City (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Brady-Rees House (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chesapeake City.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 25, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 678 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 25, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.