Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
University of Alabama Civil War Memorial
1861 - 1865
And on April 3, 1865, the Cadet Corps, composed wholly of boys, went bravely forth to repel a veteran Federal invading foe, of many times their number, in a vain effort to save their Alma Mater, its buildings, library and laboratories from destruction by fire, which it met at the hands of the enemy on the day following.
To Commemorate this heroic record this memorial stone is erected by the Alabama Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy. University of Alabama May 13, 1914
Erected 1914 by Alabama Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tuscaloosa AL 35487, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rotunda Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); Shockly’s Escort Company Of Cavalry (within shouting distance of this marker); Storrs Cadet Troop (within shouting distance of this marker); Amelia Gayle Gorgas (within shouting distance of this marker); The Little Round House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site Of Franklin Hall (about 400 feet away); Tuomey Hall (about 400 feet away); University of Alabama (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tuscaloosa.
Topics. This marker is included in these topic lists: Education • War, US Civil
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,685 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 27, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.