Wythe in Hampton, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
First Church at Kecoughtan
Erected 1950 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number WY-90.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era.
Location. 37° 0.294′ N, 76° 21.549′ W. Marker is in Wythe in Hampton, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of Lasalle Avenue and Kenmore Drive, on the right when traveling north on Lasalle Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hampton VA 23661, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Battle of Ironclads (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stalemate in Hampton Roads (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wythe’s Birthplace (approx. ¼ mile away); Fertile Hunting Grounds For The Indians (approx. ¼ mile away); The Development Of Olde WytheOlde Wythe During Colonial Times (approx. half a mile away); Admiral Sir George Cockburn on the Chesapeake / The War of 1812 (approx. half a mile away); Hampton Roads – World’s Greatest Harbor (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wythe.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study the Second Church at Kecoughtan marker shown.
Also see . . . Brief History of St. John's Episcopal Church. (Submitted on August 2, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,450 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 2, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.