Murphys in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
A long line skinner, gave dignity to the job. He gave love to his noble animals and they gave to him their best.
In 1889 he delivered the first load of logs to the mines in Angels Camp, the last in 1910.
Erected by Chilcoot Pass Granite and Boone Memorials.
Location. 38° 7.992′ N, 120° 27.558′ W. Marker is in Murphys, California, in Calaveras County. Marker can be reached from Cemetery Lane south of Jones Street. Marker is located at his grave site at the Murphys Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Murphys CA 95247, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Buena Vista Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Murphys Grammar School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dunbar House (approx. ¼ mile away); Valente Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Murphys (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ebbetts Pass Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Murphy Brothers Stangetti – Solari – Cademartori Store (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Murphys.
More about this marker. Cemetery Lane leads to the cemetery which is located behind the old Murphys Schoolhouse.
Topics. This marker is included in these topic lists: Animals • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Industry & Commerce
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 3, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 723 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 3, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.