Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

High Point in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Camp Fisher

 
 
Camp Fisher Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
1. Camp Fisher Marker
Inscription.  Located ¾ mile east, Camp Fisher was a camp of instruction for North Carolina troops in 1861 – 1862. Camp Fisher was named for Col. Charles Fisher of Salisbury, after his death at the battle of First Manassas.
 
Erected 1990 by Col. John Sloan Camp, 1290   Sons of Confederate Veterans.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Sons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans series list.
 
Location. 35° 57.569′ N, 80° 0.422′ W. Marker is in High Point, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is at the intersection of N Main Street (U.S. 311 Bus) and E English Road, on the left when traveling south on N Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: High Point NC 27265, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Confederate Arms Factory (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); High Point Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Plank Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Revolutionary War Patriots (approx.
High Point Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
2. High Point Marker
0.2 miles away); High Point (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Plank Road Foreman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Guilford Technical Community College (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in High Point.
 
Main Street Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
3. Main Street Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,014 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 4, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 28, 2020