Owings in Calvert County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by Calvert County Historical Society, Board of County Commissioners, Maryland Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1654.
Location. 38° 41.47′ N, 76° 38.417′ W. Marker is in Owings, Maryland, in Calvert County. Marker is at the intersection of Southern Maryland Boulevard (Maryland Route 4) and Chaneyville Road, on the right when traveling south on Southern Maryland Boulevard Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Owings MD 20736, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A County in Ruin (within shouting distance of this marker); Smithville United Methodist Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Harriet Elizabeth Brown (approx. 2.7 miles away); The First All Saints Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); All Saints Episcopal Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); Lower Marlboro Town (approx. 3.3 miles away); Town Ravaged (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Nottingham Schoolhouse (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owings.
More about this marker. There is an identical marker at Visitor Center at the southern end of the county in Solomons at the intersection of Solomons Island Road and Lore Road.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,309 times since then and 29 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on November 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.