St. Leonard in Calvert County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by Calvert County Historical Society, Maryland Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Military • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812. A significant historical date for this entry is July 4, 1814.
Location. 38° 26.996′ N, 76° 29.637′ W. Marker is in St. Leonard, Maryland, in Calvert County. Marker is at the intersection of Parran Road and Solomons Island Road (Maryland Route 2/4), on the right when traveling west on Parran Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Leonard MD 20685, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Leonard Creek (here, next to this marker); Brewhouse (here, next to this marker); St. Leonard Polling House and Garden of RemembranceTurning Point (approx. 1.6 miles away); The St. Leonard Polling House (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Garden of Remembrance (approx. 1.7 miles away); Preston on Patuxent (approx. 3.1 miles away); Veitch’s Cove (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Leonard.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 11, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,783 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.