New Haven in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Mr. Richard Perry Home Site
Mr. Richard Perry
first owner of this land
He was Secretary to
The General Court of
The Colony of New Haven
and received this land
as a grant
from the town proprietors
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 41° 18.496′ N, 72° 55.435′ W. Marker is in New Haven, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is at the intersection of Elm Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling west on Elm Street. Located on the Wachovia Bank building, originally built for the Union and New Haven Trust Co.in 1928. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 Church Street, New Haven CT 06510, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. “Make Us Free” (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Renovation of the New Haven Green (about 500 feet away); New Haven Green (about 500 feet away); New Haven Water Company (about 600 New Haven (about 600 feet away); New Haven Memorial Flagpole (about 600 feet away); Quinnipiack (about 700 feet away); First Meeting House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Haven.
Regarding Mr. Richard Perry Home Site. Richard Perry was one of the original founders of New Haven in 1638.
Also see . . . Union and New Haven Trust Building on Wikipedia. (Submitted on August 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,034 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.