New Haven in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
First Deputy Governor
Colony of New Haven
and one of the
Earliest Members of this Church
Died in London 1658
Erected by his descendent Wm. B. Goodyear
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 41° 18.481′ N, 72° 55.604′ W. Marker is in New Haven, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker can be reached from Temple Street 0.1 miles south of Elm Street, on the right when traveling south. Located on the rear wall of the Center Church On The Green. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 311 Temple Street, New Haven CT 06511, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Col William Goffe (here, next to this marker); New Haven Common Burial Ground (here, next to this marker); Theophilus Eaton (a few steps from this marker); Col Edward Whalley (a few steps from this marker); Quinnipiack (within shouting distance of this marker); First Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); New Haven Memorial Flagpole (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Renovation of the New Haven Green (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Haven.
Regarding Stephen Goodyear. Stephen Goodyear was one of the original settlers of New Haven. His plot of land is now the site of the AT&T office building on Chapel Street at Temple Street.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,132 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 24, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.