New Haven in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
[ marker at the east end of the building ]
Was The Room Of
Of The Class Of
[ marker at the west end of the building ]
Corner Stone Laid
Restored By The Graduates
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1773.
Location. 41° 18.482′ N, 72° 55.732′ W. Marker is in New Haven, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker can be reached from College Street, 0.1 miles south of Elm Street, on the right when traveling south. Located on the campus of Yale University. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Haven CT 06510, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nathan Hale (within shouting distance of this marker); Roger Sherman Homesite (within shouting distance of this marker); Col Edward Whalley (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Theophilus Eaton (about 600 feet away); New Haven Common Burial GroundStephen Goodyear (about 600 feet away); Col William Goffe (about 600 feet away); First Meeting House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Haven.
Regarding Connecticut Hall. Connecticut Hall is a Georgian-style building on the Old Campus of Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. Built in 1752, it is the oldest building on the Yale campus (in fact its only surviving 18th-century structure) and one of the oldest buildings in Connecticut.
Originally a student dormitory, its notable residents included Nathan Hale, James Hillhouse, Noah Webster, Eli Whitney, John William Sterling, John Trumbull and David Humphreys.
Connecticut Hall is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A statue of Nathan Hale stands next to Connecticut Hall.
Also see . . . Connecticut Hall on Wikipedia. (Submitted on August 24, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 773 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 24, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.