St. Ignace in Mackinac County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1957 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number 41.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Forts and Castles. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1671.
Location. 45° 52.085′ N, 84° 43.427′ W. Marker is in St. Ignace, Michigan, in Mackinac County. Marker is on Business Interstate 75, on the right when traveling north. Between Central Hill & E. Truckey Streets. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Ignace MI 49781, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Michigan State Ferry (here, next to this marker); Diving into History (within shouting distance State Ferry Service (within shouting distance of this marker); Mooring Facilities (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); People and the Great Lakes (about 400 feet away); William H. Barnum (about 700 feet away); Civilian Conservation Corps (about 800 feet away); Mackinaw Boat (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Ignace.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 27, 2010. This page has been viewed 831 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 27, 2010, by Mh of Las Vegas, Nevada. 2. submitted on September 18, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.