New Haven in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
In Memory of George Pardee
1630 – 1700
Farmer, Ferryman and Teacher
Of Latin and Good Manners
Who First Owned This Land
William Bradley Pardee
1821 – 1893
this tablet is placed under the will of
William S. Pardee
Their Loyal Descendent
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1630.
Location. 41° 15.882′ N, 72° 53.805′ W. Marker is in New Haven, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is at the intersection of Townsend Avenue and Myron Street, on the right when traveling south on Townsend Avenue. Located in the southern end of Fort Hale Park, known as Pardee Parkway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: East Haven CT 06512, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Roll of Honor (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Nathan Hale (approx. 0.4 miles away); In Honor of Captain Nathan Hale (approx. half a mile away); The Oyster Industry in New Haven (approx. 0.6 miles away); Society of The Cincinnati MemorialBlack Rock Fort (approx. 0.6 miles away); Patriots of New Haven Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); East Shore Park (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Haven.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 909 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.