Cullman in Cullman County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Colonel John G. Cullmann
Founder of Cullman, Alabama 1873
— 1823 - 1895 —
July 2, 1823 - December 3, 1895
Thrifty German Colonists led by
Col. John G. Cullmann in 1873
settled this thinly populated plateau
Erected 1973 by Cullman Federated Garden Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 34° 9.842′ N, 86° 50.765′ W. Marker is in Cullman, Alabama, in Cullman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 9th Street Southeast and Main Avenue Southwest. Marker is located in the center of the Cullman City Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cullman AL 35055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Evangelical Protestant Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bent But Not Broken (approx. 0.6 miles away); Weiss Cottage (approx. ¾ mile away); St. John’s Evangelical Protestant Church (approx. ¾ mile away); Sand Mountain Plateau “Die Deutsche Kolonie Von Nord Alabama” (approx. one mile away); Cullman Railroad Depot (approx. 1.1 miles away); Johann Gottfried Cullmann (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cullman.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 31, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,152 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 12, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.