Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Accokeek in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Calvert Manor

 
 
Calvert Manor Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, December 1, 2004
1. Calvert Manor Marker
Inscription.  Originally a grant of 3,000 acres by Cecil Calvert, second Lord Baltimore, to his nephew, William Calvert, 1662. The area was visited by Captain John Smith, 1608, by Captain Henry Fleet, 1629, and by Governor Leonard Calvert and Father Andrew White, 1634.
 
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1662.
 
Location. 38° 41.199′ N, 77° 0.37′ W. Marker is in Accokeek, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Farmington Road, 0.6 miles west of Indian Head Highway (Maryland Route 210), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Accokeek MD 20607, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Christ Episcopal Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); First Alarm System (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Mortar Battery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Firepower on the Potomac (approx. 1.9 miles away); “Warburton Manor”
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.3 miles away); Caponiere (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Cisterns (approx. 2.3 miles away); Capital Guardian (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Accokeek.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 16, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,292 times since then and 165 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on November 16, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=3566

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 19, 2024