Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Woodrow Wilson Park
Erected 2009 by Florence Historical Board Florence, Alabama.
Location. 34° 48.225′ N, 87° 40.51′ W. Marker is in Florence, Alabama, in Lauderdale County. Marker is at the intersection of East Tuscaloosa Street and North Wood Street (County Road 47), on the right when traveling east on East Tuscaloosa Street. Located in Woodrow Wilson Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Florence AL 35630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wood Avenue Church of Christ (within shouting distance of this marker); Wood Avenue Historic District Sculpture Relief Books and Learning (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Florence Synodical Female College (about 300 feet away); Regions Bank (about 400 feet away); First Baptist Church 1888 (about 400 feet away); First United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Walnut Street Historic District (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia:Florence, Alabama. Florence was surveyed for the Cypress Land Company in 1818 by Italian surveyor Ferdinand Sannoner, who named it after Florence, the capital of the Tuscany region of Italy. Florence, Alabama was incorporated in 1826. (Submitted on September 14, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Alabama, USA.)
2. Cassius Lee Price. The Reverend Cassius Lee Price was the rector of Trinity Episcopal Church, Florence, Alabama from 1911-1924 (Submitted on May 2, 2019, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Alabama, USA.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Government & Politics • Parks & Recreational Areas •
More. Search the internet for Woodrow Wilson Park.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 1, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Alabama, USA. This page has been viewed 2,303 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Alabama, USA. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.