Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site: Robertson House
On the 24th, uncertain of where McPherson would place his troops, Hardee extended Johnston’s [CS] left S. E. to Powder Springs, only to be recalled on the 25th when McPherson’s seizure & occupation of Dallas became known. Cleburne’s div. of the corps [CS], passed the house enroute to Powder Springs & the return march N. to New Hope Ch. & battlefield of Pickett’s Mill.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-19.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 24, 1919.
Location. 33° 54.618′ N, 84° 46.691′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is at the intersection of Charles Hardy Parkway (Georgia Route 120) and Bobo Road Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30157, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Polk’s Corps at Dallas and New Hope Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Darby House Cleburne’s H’dq’rs. (approx. 1.7 miles away); Henry Lester House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site: Colley House Hood’s H’dq’rs (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Hiram Rosenwald School (approx. 2.3 miles away); Confederate Line (approx. 2˝ miles away); Eight Point Star (approx. 2.6 miles away); Johnston's Headquarters (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 929 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.