Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Army of the Tenn. To Dallas
At this stage of the Federal march to outflank Johnston’s forces [CS] at Allatoona, McPherson was on extreme right. Next on left was Davis’ (2d) div., 14th A.C. [US] which turned E., May 25, at Van Wert to reach Dallas via Bishop’s Mill.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-6.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 55.439′ N, 84° 59.05′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is on Goldmine Road 0.1 miles east of Fairview Drive, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2063 Goldmine Road, Dallas GA 30157, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured Old Van Wert Polk County (approx. 5.7 miles away); Army of the Tenn. At Dallas (approx. 6.1 miles away); 20th Corps Detours to New Hope Church (approx. 7.8 miles away); Davis' Div. at Dallas (approx. 8.1 miles away); Paulding County (approx. 8.2 miles away); A. Lafayette Bartlett (approx. 8.2 miles away); Dallas (approx. 8.3 miles away); Dallas - New Hope Line (approx. 8.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 787 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.