Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old St. Mary’s
was the first Episcopal
Church in New Jersey.
Services were transferred
to new St. Mary’s in 1854.
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era.
Location. 40° 4.625′ N, 74° 51.654′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of W Broad Street and Wood Street, on the right when traveling west on W Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grant House (within shouting distance of this marker); Founding of St. Mary’s Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); New St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elias Boudinot (about 400 feet away); Ockanickon Free Library (about 700 feet away); Center of Arts and Culture (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burlington.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 518 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4. submitted on May 8, 2018.