Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Founding of St. Mary’s Parish
the founding of St. Mary’s Parish
Mother Parish of New Jersey
The first founded by the Society
for the propagation of the Gospel
All Saints’ Day 1702
The laying of the cornerstone of
St. Mary’s Church
Feast of the Annunciation 1703
First Rector Rev. John Talbot Installed 1705
Royal Charter granted January 5, 1709
Erected 1962 by Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era.
Location. 40° 4.62′ N, 74° 51.691′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on W Broad Street, on the right when traveling west. The marker is located in front of New St. Mary's Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New St. Mary’s (here, next to this marker); Old St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Elias Boudinot (within Grant House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 400 feet away); Free Library (about 700 feet away); Ockanickon (about 800 feet away); Center of Arts and Culture (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burlington.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 590 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.