Smithfield in Isle of Wight County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Isle of Wight Courthouse
Erected 2002 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number K-316.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1752.
Location. 36° 58.91′ N, 76° 37.922′ W. Marker is in Smithfield, Virginia, in Isle of Wight County. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Smithfield VA 23430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Law & Politics in 18th Century Isle of Wight (a few steps from this marker); Ivy Hill Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Bricks in the Crosswalk (within shouting distance of this marker); Atkinson Storehouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Isle of Wight County War Memorial (about 600 feet away); The Todd House & the First Smithfield Ham (about 700 feet away); Founding Site of Smithfield Packing Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Joseph W. Luter, III (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Smithfield.
Also see . . .
1. Isle of Wight Courthouse. Preservation Virginia (Submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
2. The Old Courthouse of 1750. Preserve America Community: Smithfield, Virginia (Submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
3. Old Isle of Wight Courthouse (pdf file). National Register of Historic Places (Submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,473 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.