Waterbury in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
St. James Church
Established Fron England In 1732 By
The Venerable Society For The Propagation
Of The Gospel In Foreign Parts
In 1797 Re-named
St. Johns Church
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1732.
Location. 41° 33.401′ N, 73° 2.626′ W. Marker is in Waterbury, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is on Church Street near West Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Located in the wall of the church next to the entrance. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waterbury CT 06702, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Waterbury Soldiers' Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Present Settlement of Waterbury (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington – Rochambeau Revolutionary Route (within shouting distance of this marker); Waterbury Veteran’s Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Enoch Hibbard House (about 400 feet away); POW / MIA Soldiers from Waterbury Fortified House Of Ensign Stanley (about 500 feet away); John Prince Elton (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waterbury.
Also see . . . St. Johns Church History. Photos of earlier church buildings. (Submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 469 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.