Near Lawrenceburg in Lawrence County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
This Monument Marks The Old Natchez Trace
The county seat, Lawrenceburg, was created on Nov. 23, 1819, and named in honor of Capt. James Lawrence, naval hero of the War of 1812.
Erected May 15, 1998
Erected 1998 by Buffalo River Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Natchez Trace series lists.
Location. 35° 23.396′ N, 87° 32.054′ W. Marker is near Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, in Lawrence County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Natchez Trace Parkway (at milepost 375.8) and Laurel Hill Road (Old Trace Drive), on the right when traveling north. Marker is located at the Old Trace Drive turnout. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lawrenceburg TN 38464, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Natchez Trace (a few steps from Natchez Trace (approx. 5.4 miles away); Steele's Iron Works (approx. 6 miles away); Metal Ford (approx. 6 miles away); Army of Tennessee (approx. 6.9 miles away); Forty Eight Forge (approx. 7.9 miles away); Dogwood Mudhole (approx. 8.1 miles away); Wayne Furnace (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrenceburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 22, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Alabama, USA. This page has been viewed 677 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on September 22, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Alabama, USA. 8. submitted on June 23, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.