Milledgeville in Baldwin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Tomlinson Fort House
Erected 1961 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 005-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Education • Government & Politics • Science & Medicine • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 4.76′ N, 83° 13.783′ W. Marker is in MilledgevilleTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milledgeville GA 31061, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. De Soto in Georgia (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Birthplace of Charles Holmes Herty (about 500 feet away); Dr. Charles Holmes Herty (about 500 feet away); Georgia State Penitentiary (about 500 feet away); Baldwin County Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away); The Old Governor's Mansion (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Old Governor’s Mansion (about 700 feet away); The Allen Strain (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milledgeville.
Regarding Tomlinson Fort House. The Fort House was to be torn down for the expansion of a bank's drive-through and parking facilities. The house was saved and moved to a different location in the Milledgeville historic district.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,082 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 24, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 6. submitted on September 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.