Eagar in Apache County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Benjamin B. Crosby Home
Erected 2002 by Round Valley Positive Action Tourism Committee and Springerville-Eagar Chamber of Commerce. (Marker Number 11.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Arizona, Pistols, Plows and Petticoats Historic Driving Tour series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1917.
Location. 34° 6.111′ N, 109° 17.494′ W. Marker is in Eagar, Arizona, in Apache County. Marker is on Main Street, 0.1 miles north of West 6th Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 527 Main Street, Eagar AZ 85925, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oscar Jepson Home (approx. Ό mile away); Rencher Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); Eagar Elementary School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Joseph Udall BarnSnyder-Cavanaugh Shoot Out (approx. 0.9 miles away); Harry Colter Home (approx. 0.9 miles away); William LeSueur Home (approx. one mile away); Brawley Boarding House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eagar.
More about this marker. This is Marker Stop #11 on the Pistols, Plows and Petticoats Historic Driving Tour.
Regarding Benjamin B. Crosby Home. Ben Crosby was a successful railroad contractor, farmer, sheep and cattle rancher. He built this home in the early 1900s for his wife and three children. His many business endeavors frequently kept him away from home. He also maintained a home in Holbrook to keep close contact with the railroad, both as a contractor and a shipper. He also purchased one of the first automobiles in Round Valley – a 1911 Studebaker.
Source: The Pistols, Plows and Petticoats Historic Driving Tour Brochure.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 6, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,122 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 6, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.