Spotsylvania in Spotsylvania County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Battle of Spotsylvania
Erected 1927 by Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania Chapters, U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Battlefield Markers Association, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 38° 12.088′ N, 77° 35.331′ W. Marker is in Spotsylvania, Virginia, in Spotsylvania County. Marker is on Courthouse Road (Virginia Route 208), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Spotsylvania VA 22553, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Spotsylvania County Honor Roll (here, next to this marker); Spotsylvania Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Spotsylvania Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Lees Headquarters (within shouting distance Spotsylvania Courthouse and Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Spotsylvania County Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Booth Hall (about 600 feet away); Confederate Soldiers (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Spotsylvania.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Battle of Spotsylvania - Stops Outside the Park
Also see . . . Spotsylvania Court House. Virtual Tour stop from the National Park Service. (Submitted on August 13, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Military • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Battle of Spotsylvania.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,593 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 18, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. 3. submitted on November 19, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. 4. submitted on December 9, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.