Near Lily in Langlade County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Old Military Road
Erected 1962 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Military • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list.
Location. 45° 20.208′ N, 88° 53.643′ W. Marker is near Lily, Wisconsin, in Langlade County. Marker is on State Highway 55 3.7 miles north of State Highway 52 W, on the left when traveling north. Marker is in Military Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: N8722 Highway 55, White Lake WI 54491, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Mole Lake (approx. 11 miles away); De Langlade (approx. 12.8 miles away); Mecikalski Stovewood Building (approx. 14.6 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Other markers in the database about the Military Road from Fort Howard at Green Bay, to Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, that was built in 1835.
Also see . . . Wisconsin Historical Society. Military Roads. "During Wisconsin's territorial period, the federal government found it expedient to develop a system of military roads to transport supplies and mail between forts established for frontier (Submitted on October 12, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 12, 2010, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,322 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 12, 2010, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.