LaGrange in Troup County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Bellevue, Home of Sen. Benjamin Harvey Hill
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 141-9.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 2.489′ N, 85° 2.375′ W. Marker is in LaGrange, Georgia, in Troup County. Marker is at the intersection of Ben Hill Street and McLendon Circle, on the left when traveling north on Ben Hill Street. The marker is located in the bushes to the left of the entrance to Bellevue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 McLendon Circle, Lagrange GA 30240, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Bellevue (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dr. Ulrich Bonnell Phillips (approx. ¼ mile away); LaGrange College – 1831 (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named LaGrange College – 1831 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fuller Earle Callaway, Sr. (approx. half a mile away); George Michael Troup (approx. The Nancy Harts (approx. half a mile away); Troup County (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in LaGrange.
More about this marker. There is one error on the marker: Senator Hill was raised in the Long Cane area of Troup County, in a house which still stands (not Long Lane).
Also see . . . B. H. Hill. The New Georgia Encyclopedia biography of Senator Hill. (Submitted on October 17, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,337 times since then and 28 times this year. Last updated on October 22, 2010, by R. Zebley of Rapid City, South Dakota. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 17, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.