Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Court House
Erected 1933 by Historic Markers Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 38° 46.541′ N, 75° 8.439′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on 2nd Street, on the left when traveling north. Located between Market and Mulberry Streets, on the wall of the St. Peters Episcopal Church cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewes DE 19958, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Peter's Episcopal Church (a few steps from this marker); John Penrose Virden (within shouting distance of this marker); Ryves Holt House (within shouting distance of this marker); Lewes The New Devon Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Dodds Corner (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Bethel Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Last Lewes Pilot Skiff (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 29, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 488 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 29, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.