Windsor in Essex County, Ontario — Central Canada
Montreal Point in 1782
The Huron First Nation's gift to the Roman Catholic Church
Erected by City of Windsor, Parks & Recreation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans. A significant historical year for this entry is 1782.
Location. 42° 18.704′ N, 83° 4.066′ W. Marker is in Windsor, Ontario, in Essex County. Marker is on Riverside Drive West north of Askin Avenue, on the right when traveling west. This historical marker is located in a community riverside park, on the south side of the Detroit River, in a residential district. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Windsor ON N9B, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow 1748 (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Jesuit Mission to the Hurons (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Gabriel Richard (approx. 1.3 kilometers away in the U.S.); Ste. Anne Church / Gabriel Richard (approx. 1.3 kilometers away in the U.S.); District Court House and Goal (approx. 1.5 kilometers away); Detroit Copper & Brass (approx. 1.7 kilometers away in the U.S.); Fort Street Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.1 kilometers away in the U.S.); Joseph H. Esterling House (approx. 2.2 kilometers away in the U.S.). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 861 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 30, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.