Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Wharton's Texas Rangers
— Army of the Mississippi —
Wharton's Texas Rangers,
Army of the Mississippi
This regiment was engaged here at 4 p.m., April 6, 1862. It charged the enemy; was repulsed and retired to north of Oglesby's headquarters where it bivouacked Sunday night.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 465.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil.
Location. 35° 8.732′ N, 88° 20.365′ W. Marker is in Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker is on Cavalry Road 0.4 miles west of Hamburg-Savannah Road, on the left when traveling west. About 40 yards south of Cavalry Road on a trail, in Shiloh National Military Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 13th Iowa Infantry (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); McAllister's Battery (about 300 feet away); Camp of 1st Battalion, 4th Illinois Cavalry (about 400 feet away); 46th Illinois Infantry 15th Illinois Infantry (about 400 feet away); 53rd Ohio Infantry (about 600 feet away); 52nd Illinois Infantry (about 700 feet away); Camp of 15th Illinois Infantry (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 28, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 461 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 28, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.