Templeton in San Luis Obispo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Templeton Carriage Works
In 1905 it was moved from its original location near the Lutheran Church on County Road to its present site ar 412 Main Street where it has been used as a grocery store, dry goods store, saloon and hotel.
Perhaps as the “Central Hotel” this two story wooden building saw its most colorful days with a prime location opposite the Southern Pacific Depot, that brought crowds of hopeful settlers from the Midwest to start life in the bountiful lands of California.
Now the location for a true “turn-of-the-century” type business, life had begun again for this structure.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 35° 32.97′ N, 120° 42.318′ W. Marker is in Templeton, California, in San Luis Obispo County. Marker is on Main Street south of 4th Street, on the right when Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 412 Main Street, Templeton CA 93465, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Museum Property / Horstman House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Memoriam (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Bethel Lutheran Church (about 700 feet away); Carlton Hotel (approx. 4.6 miles away); Chumash and Salinan Nations Village Site (approx. 4.7 miles away); Atascadero Administration Building (approx. 4.7 miles away); Sunken Gardens (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Templeton.
Regarding Templeton Carriage Works. This building now is the office of a real estate agency.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 1, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 733 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 1, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.