Slaughter Neck United Methodist Church
In 1885 the congregation of “Zion Methodist Episcopal Church” purchased a one acre parcel adjoining the old church lot from Lemuel Draper, upon which a new church was built the following year. The building was enlarged and extensively renovated in 1888. It is believed that the stained glass windows in the present church were obtained at that time. The name of the church was changed to better reflect the community
This marker was dedicated in memory of Doris Argo, Church Historian and Life Member of Slaughter Neck United Methodist Church - Homecoming 1997.
Erected 1997 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-115.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives, and the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher series lists.
Location. 38° 52.137′ N, 75° 20.397′ W. Marker is in Milford, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Church Road just from Argos Corner Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milford DE 19963, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cedar Creek Hundred (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Memorial Vol. Fire Co. (approx. 3.6 miles away); Fort Saulsbury (approx. 4.6 miles away); Absalom Jones (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Vinyard Shipbuilding Company (approx. 5.4 miles
Credits. This page was last revised on November 13, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 1, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 595 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 1, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.