Near Westover in Somerset County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Coventry Parish Church
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places 9 August 1984
Ruins stabilized 1985 - 1990 under the auspices of
Rehobeth Ruritan Club
Maryland Historical Trust
Somerset County Historical Trust
B. J. Cantwell, Sr., Mason
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1784.
Location. 38° 2.321′ N, 75° 39.965′ W. Marker is near Westover, Maryland, in Somerset County. Marker is at the intersection of Coventry Parish Road and Old Rehobeth Road, on the right when traveling east on Coventry Parish Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5757 Coventry Parish Road, Westover MD 21871, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Rehoboth Episcopal Church, Erected in 1682 (here, next to this marker); Rehoboth Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Rehoboth Presbyterian Church (approx. Rehoboth (approx. 4.6 miles away); Pocomoke City Historic Railroad Station (approx. 5.6 miles away); The Shapes of Ships (approx. 5.8 miles away); Sturgis One Room School (approx. 5.8 miles away); River Trades & Traditions / River Lore & Legend (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westover.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,122 times since then and 119 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 4, 5. submitted on March 25, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 6. submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 7, 8. submitted on October 13, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.