Pocomoke City in Somerset County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
("There is Room")
— ← 5 miles —
Col. William Stevens,
member of Governor's Council,
through whose influence
came to Maryland and established
Presbyterianism in the State. On this
same tract stood the Episcopal
Church of Coventry Parish.
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 38° 5.237′ N, 75° 36.433′ W. Marker is in Pocomoke City, Maryland, in Somerset County. Marker is at the intersection of US 13 and MD 667, on the right on US 13. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pocomoke City MD 21851, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sturgis One Room School (approx. 2.2 miles away); Costen House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Court House Hill (approx. 3.1 miles away); Rehoboth Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); a Rehoboth Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); Coventry Parish Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); Old Rehoboth Episcopal Church, Erected in 1682 (approx. 4.6 miles away); First Site of Washington Academy (approx. 6˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pocomoke City.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,646 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area picture of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?