Two Rivers' North Pier Lighthouse
Built in 1886 by a Mr. Boehmer of Manitowoc for the U.S. Lighthouse Service this lighthouse stood at the harbor entrance of Two Rivers for 89 years until it was replaced by an automated beacon. The original lamp was a 240 degree Fresnel lens lit by an oil wick. Later, the oil was replaced by an electric bulb.
Mr. Anton Gauthier of Two Rivers was the first keeper of this lighthouse which was included in his duties as the keeper of the Rawley Point Lighthouse now known as Point Beach Lighthouse.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Lighthouses series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1886.
Location. 44° 9.185′ N, 87° 33.721′ W. Marker is in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, in Manitowoc County. Marker is on 2102 Jackson Street, one mile 21st Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Two Rivers WI 54241, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Steamer Vernon (a few steps from this marker); St. Luke Catholic Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Luke Rectory (approx. 0.3
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 18, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. This page has been viewed 597 times since then and 22 times this year. Last updated on December 23, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 18, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.