Near Elcho in Langlade County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Man-Made Features. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 2006.
Location. 45° 26.125′ N, 89° 10.259′ W. Marker is near Elcho, Wisconsin, in Langlade County. Marker can be reached from County Highway K, 0.6 miles east of Antigo Street (U.S. 45), on the left when traveling east. The marker is in Elcho Community Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elcho WI 54428, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mecikalski Stovewood Building (approx. 7 miles away); Langlade County Forest Battle of Mole Lake (approx. 10.3 miles away).
1. About the bell
The name on the yoke (C.S. Bell) indicates that this bell was made between 1875 and 1882. The size number (2) indicates that it was originally supported on a fork to be mounted on a post.
— Submitted August 27, 2020, by Carl Scott Zimmerman of Kirkwood, Missouri.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 25, 2010, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 820 times since then and 253 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 25, 2010, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.