Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Harbor of Refuge Lighthouse
Erected 2004 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-186.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed Landmarks • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives, and the Lighthouses series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is January 1, 1902.
Location. 38° 46.933′ N, 75° 7.136′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker can be reached from Cape Henlopen Drive. Located within the Cape May-Lewes Ferry terminal. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewes DE 19958, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Delaware Pilots (a few steps from this marker); Unknown Sailors' Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Cape May - Lewes Ferry (within shouting distance of this marker); The Legacy of Ted Freeman (within shouting distance of this marker); Breakwaters (within shouting distance of this marker); Delaware Breakwater East End Lighthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Menhaden Fisheries (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lighthouses (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
Additional keywords. Lewes, Lighthouse, Cape Henlopen
Credits. This page was last revised on August 20, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2011, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 648 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 1, 2011, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. 2. submitted on August 11, 2019, by John Miller of Rising Sun, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.