Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Wesley M.E. Chapel Cemetery

 
 
Wesley M.E. Chapel Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Nate Davidson, December 31, 2010
1. Wesley M.E. Chapel Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  
Site of 1st Methodist Chapel
Erected in 1806

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1806.
 
Location. 38° 41.25′ N, 75° 23.2′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on West Pine Street north of Gardner Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown DE 19947, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Alfred T.A. Torbert (within shouting distance of this marker); Votes for Women (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Judges (about 600 feet away); George Alfred Townsend Birthplace (about 700 feet away); Georgetown Fire Company (about 700 feet away); The Brick Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sussex County Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Wesley M.E. Chapel Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Nate Davidson
2. Wesley M.E. Chapel Cemetery Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2011, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 485 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 1, 2011, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=39376

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 19, 2024