Lincoln in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Goose Creek Friends 1765 Meeting House
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Landmarks. In addition, it is included in the Quakerism series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1765.
Location. 39° 7.005′ N, 77° 41.78′ W. Marker is in Lincoln, Virginia, in Loudoun County. Marker is on Lincoln Road (County Route 722) 1.6 miles south of East Main Street (Business Virginia Route 7), on the right when traveling south. In Purcellville, Rt. 722 is Maple Avenue. Route 722 becomes Lincoln Avenue at East A Street (VA Route 1610). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincoln VA 20160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Goose Creek Friends 1817 Meeting House (here, next to this marker); Goose Creek Friends (a few steps from this marker); Goose Creek Friends Oakdale School (approx. ¼ mile away); Goose Creek Historic District Loudoun Branch, Manassas Gap Railroad (approx. ¾ mile away); Loudoun County Emancipation Association Grounds (approx. 1.3 miles away); Mother of the Wright Brothers (approx. 1.3 miles away); Mahlon Taylor Springhouse (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincoln.
1. Goose Creek Friends Meeting House
The present Goose Creek Friends Meeting house, constuction on which began in 1817, is right across Lincoln Road.
— Submitted November 9, 2007, by Franklin Bell of Bluemont, Virginia.
Additional keywords. Quaker
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2007, by Franklin Bell of Bluemont, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,622 times since then and 122 times this year. Last updated on December 3, 2007, by Franklin Bell of Bluemont, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2007, by Franklin Bell of Bluemont, Virginia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.