Henrico in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Courthouses in Richmond
Growth and Consolidation
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 37° 37.727′ N, 77° 31.028′ W. Marker is in Henrico, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker can be reached from Prince Henry Drive near East Parham Road. This panel is located outside of the Court Building at the Henrico Government Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4301 East Parham Road, Henrico VA 23228, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Courthouse Today (here, next to this marker); The Early Courthouses in Varina (here, next to this marker); Henrico County (here, next to this marker); Laurel Historic District (approx. 1.1 miles away); Virginia Home for Boys (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bethlehem Baptist Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); Outer Defenses (approx. 1.8 miles away); Skipwith Academy (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Henrico.
More about this marker. On the left is an "1825 architect’s sketch of courthouse."
On the right are two photos with the caption, "The courthouse (inset) as it appeared in the 1850s. After two fires in November of 1894, the Board of Supervisors decided to replace the courthouse with the above Romanesque Revival brick building."
Also see . . . Henrico County History. (Submitted on January 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 376 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.