Steubenville in Jefferson County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
North-West Corner of Fort Steuben
Named in Honor of
Frederick William Augustus
Baron Von Steuben
Who rendered distinguished
service to the
United States Army
War of the Revolution
General George Washington
February 7, 1778
April 15, 1784
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1849.
Location. 40° 21.492′ N, 80° 36.807′ W. Marker is in Steubenville, Ohio, in Jefferson County. Marker can be reached from South 3rd Street east of Market Street. This historical marker is located in the downtown business district, near the Ohio River, on the grounds of the Historic Fort Steuben Park. It is situated just inside the main entrance to the reconstructed Fort Steuben. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Steubenville OH 43952, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Steuben (within shouting distance of this marker); This Old Federal Land Office (within Federal Land Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Steubenville's Dean Martin (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Steubenville Building and Loan Association Building (about 500 feet away); Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton (about 600 feet away); Edwin McMasters Stanton (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Steubenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 16, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 512 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 16, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 17, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 5. submitted on February 22, 2021, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.