Concord in Cabarrus County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Jefferson Davis Camp
after the evacuation of Richmond
President of the Confederate States of America
with his personal staff and cabinet
camped April 18, 1865.
Dismounting he hitched his horse
to a tree which stood on this spot.
Erected 1939 by Dodson Ramseur Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 18, 1865.
Location. 35° 25.77′ N, 80° 35.939′ W. Marker is in Concord, North Carolina, in Cabarrus County. Marker is on Earl Street just north of Church Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NC 28025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles A. Cannon (approx. half a mile away); W. R. Odell (approx. one mile away); Red Hill (approx. 1.3 miles away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 1.6 miles away); James W. CannonHorton Building Commerce and Merchants Building (approx. 1.6 miles away); Corl Building (approx. 1.6 miles away); Hotel Concord (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 22, 2011, by Tom Daoust of Concord, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,123 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 22, 2011, by Tom Daoust of Concord, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.