Americus in Sumter County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Another hospital, the Bragg, was located three blocks to the south, in the building of Furlow Masonic Female College (a portion of which is incorporated in the present Furlow Grammar School).
Erected 1961 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 129-6.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1864.
Location. 32° 4.371′ N, 84° 14.033′ W. Marker is in Americus, Georgia, in Sumter County. Marker is on North Jackson Street, 0 miles south of East Forsyth Street (Georgia Route 49), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Prather Clinic (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Presbyterian Church of Americus (about 600 feet away); The Flood of July 1994 (about 600 feet away); Founders Memorial Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sumter County Courthouse Bell (approx. ¼ mile away); Sumter County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Luther H. Story (approx. 0.3 miles away); Sumter County in the Civil Rights Movement (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Americus.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 28, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 750 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 28, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.