Tifton in Tift County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 137-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
Location. 31° 27.247′ N, 83° 30.476′ W. Marker is in Tifton, Georgia, in Tift County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street East and Tift Avenue, on the left when traveling east on 2nd Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 237 2nd St E, Tifton GA 31794, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Olympic Torch Paused at this Site (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Purple Heart Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Major" Jack L. Woolard (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Larkin Wright, Lieutenant Colonel, USAF (approx. 0.2 miles away); William W. Outerbridge, Rear Admiral, USN (approx. 0.2 miles away); A.V. "Bubba" Akin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Henry Bostick (approx. 0.2 miles away); Henry Tift Myers (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tifton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 31, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 590 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 31, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.