Baldwin in Banks County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
It formed the boundary between Jackson Co. and the Cherokees; later Franklin Co. and the Cherokees, and is now the line between Habersham and Banks Counties.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 006-2.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 34° 29.391′ N, 83° 31.966′ W. Marker is in Baldwin, Georgia, in Banks County. Marker is on Homer Road (U.S. 441) 0 miles north of Womack Drive, on the right when traveling north. The marker is located in Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baldwin GA 30511, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Narrows (within shouting distance of this marker); Indian War Trail (approx. 1.3 miles away); Hilliard Almond Wilbanks (approx. 1.9 miles away); Middle River Volunteers (approx. 4.2 miles away); Leatherwood Baptist Church (approx. 4˝ miles away); Home of Johnny Mize (approx. 5.2 miles away); John Robert Mize (approx. 5.3 miles away); Piedmont College (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baldwin.
Also see . . . Hawkins Line and Wofford Settlement. Further information from the New Georgia Encyclopedia. (Submitted on March 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,178 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.