Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mobile in Mobile County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
 

Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864.

 
 
Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stephen Bell, February 21, 2011
1. Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864 Marker
Inscription.  Mobile Physician, 1829-1864. Son of Dr. Claudeus LeVert, who came to Virginia as fleet surgeon under General Rochambeau. This Italianate style building served as a doctor's office for one hundred years, 1858-1954.

Preserved by the action of the Mobile County Commission, May 1971.
 
Erected 1975 by Historic Mobile Preservation Society Inc.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Science & Medicine. A significant historical date for this entry is May 29, 1971.
 
Location. 30° 41.386′ N, 88° 2.494′ W. Marker is in Mobile, Alabama, in Mobile County. Marker is on Government Street east of South Conception Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 153 Government Street, Mobile AL 36602, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Mobile Bar Association (a few steps from this marker); Oldest Episcopal Church in the State (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Christ Church (about 300 feet away); Lynching in America / The Lynching of Richard Robertson (about
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
400 feet away); Second Fort Conde Ruin (about 400 feet away); Mobile's First Mardi Gras Parade (about 500 feet away); WALA-TV, Channel 10 (about 500 feet away); "Damn The Torpedoes!" The Campaigns for Mobile, 1864 - 1865 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mobile.
 
More about this marker. Building is now the Mobile Bar Association
 
Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stephen Bell, February 21, 2011
2. Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864 Marker
Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stephen Bell, February 21, 2011
3. Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert
Dr. Henry S. LeVert Office 1856 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stephen Bell, February 21, 2011
4. Dr. Henry S. LeVert Office 1856
Mobile Historic Development Commission building plaque.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 5, 2011, by Stephen Bell of Biloxi, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 1,462 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 5, 2011, by Stephen Bell of Biloxi, Mississippi. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=40667

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 21, 2024