Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
This plaque erected through the cooperation of the Reynolds Metals company, the William Byrd Branch, APVA, and the City of Richmond.
Erected by Reynolds Metals Company, APVA, and City of Richmond.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1973.
Location. 37° 32.111′ N, 77° 26.024′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of East Cary Street (Virginia Route 147) and South 13th Street, on the right when traveling east on East Cary Street. The marker is on the northwest corner of the building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1301 East Cary Street, Richmond VA 23219, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least Commercial Block (a few steps from this marker); 1300-1304 East Cary Street (a few steps from this marker); Bowers Brothers Coffee and Tea Building (within shouting distance of this marker); 1200 Block East Cary Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Powers-Taylor Building (within shouting distance of this marker); 1201 East Cary Street (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Telephone Exchange South of the Potomac River (about 400 feet away); The General Assembly of Virginia (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
More about this marker. On top is an early 20th-century photograph of the building courtesy of the Valentine Museum.
Also see . . .
1. Historic Shockoe Slip, Richmond. (Submitted on March 5, 2011.)
2. RVA on Wheeels. Current occupant of the Columbian Block. (Submitted on March 5, 2011.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 5, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 523 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 5, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.