Near Calistoga in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The White Church
The White Church
First church built in Napa County
by pioneers in 1853
Marked by Federated Womens Clubs
June 11, 1939
Erected 1939 by Federated Womens Clubs.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1926.
Location. 38° 32.949′ N, 122° 30.82′ W. Marker is near Calistoga, California, in Napa County. Marker can be reached from State Highway 29, 0.7 miles south of Larkmead Lane. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Calistoga CA 94515, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Reason P. Tucker (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bale Grist Mill (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dr. Edward Turner Bale (approx. 0.7 miles away); Larkmead Winery / Kornell Cellars (approx. 0.8 miles away); Schramsberg (approx. one mile away); Charles Krug Winery (approx. 2.6 miles away); Cesare Mondavi 1883 – 1959 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Charles Krug 1825 - 1892 (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Calistoga.
Also see . . . Bothe Napa Valley State Park. California Department of Parks and Recreation's web page for Both Napa Valley State Mark. Minimal historical content, however. (Submitted on March 11, 2011.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 11, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 779 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on March 13, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 11, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.