Port Huron in St. Clair County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Fort Saint Joseph
Erected 1957 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number S0080.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Forts and Castles • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1686.
Location. 43° 0.13′ N, 82° 25.652′ W. Marker is in Port Huron, Michigan, in St. Clair County. Marker is on Gratiot Avenue just north of Church Street, on the right when traveling south. Located in Gratiot Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Huron MI 48060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Methodist Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Great Storm of 1913 and Sailors Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); The "John S. Martin" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tom Edison at Grand Trunk (approx. ¼ mile away); Native Americans (approx. ¼ mile away); Immigration (approx. ¼ mile away); Ships on the St. Clair (approx. ¼ mile away); Bridging the Blue Waters (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Huron.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 27, 2011. This page has been viewed 717 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 27, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on August 4, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Clear weather photos. • Can you help?